This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
In a word full of fast-paced and what feels like never-ending ups and downs of emotions, the one constant that we all have is family. Think about how much happiness your family truly brings you – you can laugh, trust, talk, cry and just “be” with your family. From the moment you enter your home, you’ve entered into a non-judgment zone full of love, caring, and compassion. And it goes both ways, right? The feelings and emotions that your family show you, you give back to them as well. Isn’t family a beautiful thing?
But, what if you and your family could take that energy, that positivity and that gratitude that you have for one another, and find other avenues of things in your life to be thankful for as well? Wouldn’t that be an amazing feeling? To be able to show gratitude and give thanks for everything in your life that affects you and your family? Good news, you can absolutely do this. Challenge yourself and your family members to have a “15 Days of Gratitude” challenge that you complete together. Each day, think of something that you are thankful and grateful for and talk about why you feel that way with your family. Not only will it bring you and your family closer, it will also help you appreciate the awesome aspects of your day-to-day life. While you can absolutely create and interchange your own gratitude challenge, here is a suggested one that anyone can use to get started!
15 Days of Gratitude for Your Family
- Day 1 – Family. Why not get started by telling your family members why you are thankful for them. While you think you may show them every day how much you appreciate them, tell them! No one can be told this too much!
- Day 2 – Health. You’re alive, you’re happy and you’re healthy. Give thanks and show that you are thankful for your life and your healthy body by getting out and doing something active in nature.
- Day 3 – Friends. Good friends may be hard to come by, but if you have a few good ones, let them know what they mean to you. Suprise them with their favorite snack or just give them an epic high-five. If they’ve been there for you, let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Day 4 – Smiles. Smiles can turn a bad day into a good day instantly. You know it’s true, so why not spend the day smiling at everyone and bringing some joy to those around you?
- Day 5 – Shelter. You have a warm, dry home that you can rest at each and every day. You are beyond blessed in your life so why not spend the day donating some items to a local shelter in town to help others maybe feel a little bit more warmth or at home in their time of need.
- Day 6 – Nature. Think about how easy it is to walk out your front door and be in the beauty of nature. Take a hike today and enjoy nature at its best.
- Day 7 – Sunrises and Sunsets. Give thanks for the beginning of your days and the ends as well, and don’t forget to give an extra thanks for all the events that occurred between the two.
- Day 8 – Animals. If you have a fur buddy, today is their day to be spoiled. Spend some extra snuggle time with them or sneak an extra treat into their food bowl for the day. On the farm, we are especially thankful for all the goodies our sweet pets will bring us, or are bringing us! (helloooo eggs and milk!)
- Day 9 – Memories. Memories make our hearts happy and our minds at ease. Spend the day reminiscing with your family and friends about the awesome past that you’ve had together and also about the awesome memories you’re certain to create together as well.
- Day 10 – Laughter. Laughter is the best medicine, right? One can never laugh too much, so why not try to see if it’s possible? On Day 10 of gratitude, laugh at anything and everything until your belly hurts…and then laugh some more.
- Day 11 – Flowers. Now that Spring has arrived, the flowers are starting to bloom everywhere that you look. Make today the day that you put your first fresh flower bouquet in your home to enjoy and then give one to someone else as well.
- Day 12 – Volunteers. If you are a volunteer, thank you! And if you aren’t, then show gratitude to those that are by offering to give them a helping hand or by deciding to sign up as a volunteer somewhere for a period of time. If you can give back to the community, do so!
- Day 13 – Employment. Many people are struggling with finding jobs to cover their costs. If you have a job that you can make ends meet, be thankful. On this day, offer someone a helping hand if you can for tips on how to job hunt or even give away some business clothes that no longer fit to someone who has a job interview coming up.
- Day 14 – Spouse/Significant Other. We often forget to give thanks to those who are closest to us and know us the best. Hugs and kisses for your spouse or significant other are a must on this day!
- Day 15 – Food. Everyone loves food, and after a great 15 days of gratitude challenge that you completed with your family, what better way to end the last day than with a celebration of food.
While this only suggests 15 days of gratitude, feel free to go longer. Our lives are full of so much beauty and wonder that it’s simple to find something to be thankful for each and every day.
The Little Book of Gratitude: Create a life of happiness and wellbeing by giving thanks (MBS Little book of…)Good Days Start With Gratitude: A 52 Week Guide To Cultivate An Attitude Of Gratitude: Gratitude Journal
One factor that I forgot to mention, is that I’m thankful for each and every one of you reading this post. Without you, I wouldn’t be able to be doing what I love, each and every day so thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your love and support along this journey. As a little token of my appreciation, I’m having a giveaway to a lucky reader for a set of 3 Prone to Wander Phone Cases. Trust me, these cases are amazing, beautiful and have a message on them to proudly showcase your faith. I had the amazing chance to review them and I was obsessed the minute I opened the box! Look at how beautiful they are!
And, now I’m so excited to offer this wonderful giveaway for you! Head over here for your chance to win!
See our Airstream Remodel Reveal here!